This is a delicious and versatile sauce that is packed full of goodness. It is great for homemade pizza but would also go nicely with pasta, meatballs, in shakshouka, on top of bruschetta or served warm as a soup.
It’s super easy to make and keeps well in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Tomatoes are rich in vitamin C and a powerful antioxidant called lycopene, which can help to reduce your risk of cancer, support your cardiovascular health and protect your eyesight
- Garlic has antimicrobial, antifungal and antiviral properties
- Olive oil contains healthy fats and a high amount of antioxidants
- Basil is a good source of vitamin K
Easy marinara sauce
Author: Anoushka Davy
Recipe type: Sauce
- 400g fresh tomatoes (from a tin would also work well)
- 1 shallot
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Small handful fresh basil
- ¼ tsp salt
- Black pepper
- Roughly chop tomatoes, shallot and garlic then add to a blender.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and blend until smooth.
Serving size: 1 Fat: 5g Carbohydrates: 5.3g Sodium: 111mg Fiber: 1.3g Protein: 1.1g