Hi, my name is Anoushka and I’m a nutritional therapist, functional medicine practitioner and health coach, specialising in gut health, women’s health and nervous system support.
I work with you to find food that nourishes your body and a life that nourishes your soul. I believe every meal should be completely delicious – the myth of healthy food being just about bland salads or ‘rabbit food’ is completely outdated. There is a revolution of wellness happening globally, and consequently so many online recipes, wonderful cookbooks and innovative restaurants out there to help inspire and make your mouth water.
I use the Functional Medicine model to assess health, which means a holistic approach. I look at the interaction of different body systems, the communication between cells, chemical imbalances that may be present, signs of nutrient and mineral deficiencies, food intolerances/ allergies, environmental factors, genetic predispositions, recurring illness patterns in your family medical history and the timeline of your health from gestation all the way up to the present day. My goal is always to identify the root causes underlying health problems, rather than just suppressing symptoms.
I am especially interested in the link between gut and brain health and have seen first hand the powerful transformations that can take place through working with nutritional therapy in this area. I recently had the privilege of working with Dr Natasha Campbell Mcbride to become one of her GAPS certified practitioners. GAPS stands for Gut and Psychology/Physiology Syndrome. The GAPS plan is a protocol aimed at improving mental and physical health through comprehensive healing of the digestive system.
You are an individual, not a set of symptoms
I want to get to know the person behind the symptoms, in order to create a unique and tailored health plan. There is no one size fits all in the way I work. I aim to support you on your journey back to health through empowering and educating about all aspects of wellbeing. I look at everything from what you eat, to your relationship with food, stress levels, exercise routine and any potential health disrupting or energy draining factors. I use a natural whole foods approach that is very nutritious but also affordable and achievable.
Creating a new you
I work with you to create a completely new lifestyle – one that is filled with abundance, and most importantly, manageable, achievable and works for you on every level. I will show you healthy alternatives to the food that doesn’t best serve you, clever ways to organise for even the most time poor individuals and ways in which to make a healthy lifestyle affordable and manageable without being a slave to the kitchen or feeling deprived. I am not a fan of ‘diets’ or calorie counting, as I think they are ineffective approaches and can foster unhealthy relationships with food and an ‘on the wagon/ off the wagon’ mentality. Don’t let food become your enemy, see it as a wonderful source of nourishment and enjoyment. I offer practical advice and ongoing support to help you make long-term health changes that will help you feel better, look better and put you back in the driving seat of your health.
I hope you find the resources on this website helpful. On my blog you’ll find healthy recipes and articles about lots of different areas of health. If you’d like to receive health tips, recipes and inspiration, then I also have a newsletter which you can sign up to at the top of the page.
If you would like to get started or have any questions, feel free to get in touch.
I look forward to working with you.
To your health!
Medical Seminars and Conferences
On top of my professional qualifications, I like to continually add to my knowledge to ensure I stay up to date within this rapidly evolving industry, and to ensure my clients are receiving the very best in care that is formulated from the most current scientific and nutritional research. Here is some of my recent CPD attendance:
- Leach Hechtman – The Reproductive Microbiome
- Dr Jason Hawrelak – Demystifying SIBO
- Moira Bradfield – Female Ecology Mastercourse
- Dr Kharrazian – Neuroinflammation Clinical Strategies & Treatment Applications
- Dr Kharrazian – Autoimmunity Clinical Strategies & Treatment Applications
- Dr Kharrazian – Gastrointestinal Clinical Strategies & Treatment Applications
- Dr Jason Hawrelak – Gi Health Mastercourse
- Invivo Clinical – The Integrative Approach to Autoimmune Disease with Dr David Brady
- Biocare – Gut Adaptation
- ANP – Advanced Diagnosis on Tongue Readings
- NNA – Supporting Clients with Cancer and Chronic Disease
- Dr Klinghardt – Biological Core Protocols for Chronic Illness
- IFM – Applying Functional Medicine in Clinical Practice
- IHH-UCSF Paleo and Functional Medicine Symposium
- Dicken Weatherby – Blood Chemistry Analysis
- Invivo Clinical – Implementing GI-MAP Stool Testing in Clinical Practice
- Dr Allison Seibecker – SIBO: Clinical Strategies
- CAM Mind/Body Nutrition Conference
- Chris Kresser – Re-Find Health
- Daverick Leggett – Foundations of Traditional Chinese Medicine Nutrition
- Dr Natasha Campbell Mcbride – GAPS certified practitioner training
- Viridian – Mental Health seminar
- CAM Metting the Microbiome Conference
- CAM Energy Beyond ATP Conference
- CAM Nutrigenomics – Personalised Medicine and the Quantified Self Conference
- CAM Gut/Brain Axis Conference
- CAM Auto-immunity Conference
- CAM Detoxification Conference
- CAM Anti-Ageing Conference
- Functional Medicine Conference